Approving a Collection
When your collection includes all of the surveys, languages, schedules, and notifications required for your study, you can approve it for use in MyVeeva Studio. To approve a collection, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to a collection.
- In the upper-left corner, select Approve.
Note: You cannot approve a collection until all translations for all languages are uploaded and at least one schedule has been configured for each survey. If you’re unable to approve a collection by following the steps above, hover over Approve to view the list of conditions or actions required to progress.
Sites connected to your study receive a notification in SiteVault when a new collection is available for their approval. Additionally, we recommend that you contact sites to inform them that your study’s collection is ready for their approval if the collection contains participant surveys. Sites are not required to approve collections that contain only eClinRO surveys. See the Approving a Collection Document help topic in Study Connect Help for more information.
Upversioning a Collection
You can upversion your study’s collection in the event of any changes, such as protocol amendments or the addition of new languages. When you create a new version of an approved collection, the version number of the new version increases by 1. The new version of the collection is an exact copy of the previous version before you make changes to it.
Sites connected to your study receive the new version for their review and approval in SiteVault if changes to participant surveys in the new version affect a language they support or if the upversion makes global changes to the collection such as adding new participant surveys, notifications, or events. Sites are not required to upversion collections that contain only eClinRO surveys. See the Managing New Collection Document Versions help topic in Study Connect Help for more information.
To upversion an approved collection, complete the following steps:
- In the upper-right corner of MyVeeva Studio, select New Version.
- Make any necessary changes to the new version and select Start UAT in the upper-left corner of MyVeeva Studio. See Performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on a Collection for more information about performing UAT.
- After you finish UAT and you’re ready to approve the collection, select Approve in the upper-left corner of MyVeeva Studio.
- Edit or confirm the summary of changes you entered during UAT and select Approve.
Deleting a Collection
You can delete a collection while it’s in a draft state. To delete a collection, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to a collection.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the Actions menu.
- Select Delete Collection.
- When the confirmation pop-up appears, select Delete.